Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend In Review

Friday night Adam and I had a fun date night "Farm to Fork" event with the American Heart Association. We got the opportunity to go into Pulaski Tech's new Cooking and Hospitality School and it really was pretty impressive. They had areas laid out to look like everything from the inside of a hotel room, a hotel lobby to full blown commercial kitchens. It was really fun to participate.
IMG_0096

Adam manned the grill for part of the meal, (he was cooking the duck).
IMG_0093

Here was our duck, seared tuna and vegetables before they were all plated.
IMG_0097

We got to meet Donnie Ferneau too! He was so nice and really friendly.
IMG_0098

We enjoyed our tuna over quinoa, duck over faro (which I'd never had before--it's kind of like rice but looks like oatmeal) and then we had a caesar dressing over kale as our side salad (it was freshly made by me and I must say it had it all--anchovies, fresh squeezed lemon juice, garlic, greek yogurt, etc.) I liked everything but the kale, I didn't think I'd like it, and I didn't, but the rest was D-lish!
IMG_0099


Saturday morning some friends and I helped to "Feather The Nest" for another friend who is having her fourth child but her first little girl. She's following in my footsteps and is truly in for a real treat with this sweet little bundle who'll be arriving at the end of May!
IMG_5731
IMG_5736
IMG_5735
IMG_5740

We had virgin mimosas (half orange juice, half sparkling grape juice).
IMG_5738

We had scones and mini cinnamon rolls, muffins, fruit and breakfast casseroles to munch on.
IMG_5741
IMG_5734

It was fun hosting a shower for Stephanie!
IMG_5743

Saturday night we took the boys to the opening Traveler's baseball game, it was a perfect night to kick off the season.

IMG_0106

IMG_0109

The boys enjoyed rolling down the hill and running around in the grassy field while we watched the game. They also got to partake of their first ever funnel cake, I'm pretty sure it was a completely successful taste testing…we had two!
IMG_0111
IMG_0112

And Peyton retrieved a foul ball and was pretty excited to get it!
IMG_0114

And Ava Jane sat like a big girl loving on her baby doll pretty much the whole time we were there. She's just so precious! How about those cute little pudgy arms? I could just squeeze her cause I love her so!!
IMG_0116

It was a beautiful weekend, the weather was near a perfect temperature and the colors of spring are everywhere! I'm loving this time of year! I do believe April and October might just be the two most perfect months in Arkansas!

Hope you had a fun and relaxing weekend, we sure did! The kids enjoyed some left over cupcakes out on the deck and Emerson gladly shared his with Ava Jane, how sweet is that?!!
IMG_0102
IMG_0103

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spring Break: The Sweet Spot

I've been running mach 2 with my hair on fire and have not been posting as much as I'd like to on this here blog.  I'm a few wee...